Keeping the Close.io Mac/Windows app up to date
Close.io should automatically prompt you when there is an update available. We strongly urge you to always install updates to ensure that the application runs stable. In some cases it may be necessary to manually check the Close.io or manually perform an update by downloading the latest version from https://app.close.io/download/.
- To check the Close.io app version you are running, select Close.io from the menu bar, then About Close.io
- To manually check for updates, select Close.io from the menu bar, then Check for Updates….
- If there is an update available, click the Install Update button.
- When the download is finished, click Install and Relaunch to install the update.
- IMPORTANT: If Close.io hangs during the installation of the update, hold the option/alt key, right-click on the Close.io icon in the dock and select "Force Quit". The new version of Close.io will automatically start.
- If you downloaded Close.io from the Mac App Store, click here instead.
- To check the Close.io app, press the Alt key to see the menu bar, then select File, then About.
- To manually check for updates, press the Alt key to see the menu bar, then select File, then Check for Updates…
- If there is an update available, click Install update.
- When the download is finished, click Install update to launch the installer. We recommend closing any open Close.io app windows which may be open in the background before continuing the installation process. Otherwise a restart may be necessary before the new version can be used.
If you have any trouble or need any additional help, please email us.