Call forwarding allows you to receive calls on another phone when you're not logged into Close.io or are away from your desk. Calls received on your forwarded phone are always automatically logged in Close.io. They are also recorded if call recording is enabled.
If not logged into Close.io, calls will forward to your external phone immediately. If you're away from your desk but still logged in, calls will forward after ~20 seconds of ringing the Close.io app on your computer.
You can enable call forwarding on any of your Close.io phone numbers by following these steps:
- Head over to your Settings (top right Your Name -> Settings).
- Select Your Phone Settings on the left hand side.
- Look for the number you want to configure.
- Click "Enable" next to "Call forwarding".
- Type in the number you want to forward incoming calls to.
- Save the changes.
- You can later edit the forwarding number or disable the forwarding altogether.
Important details to keep in mind:
- When testing call forwarding, please test by calling your Close.io number from a different phone than the one you have set up to forward to.
- You need to be an admin to set up a voicemail greeting for a group number. Learn more about user roles.
- By default, you will need to press 1 to accept forwarded calls. This can be disabled per phone number by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org