Setting up QoS on an Asus router
- Make sure no one on your network is doing substantial uploads or downloads. The best time time to set up QoS is before anyone is at work or after everyone's left the office.
- Go to http://speedtest.net and perform three bandwidth tests. Make a note of the best results across the tests. In this example we have 85.88Mbps down and 87.65Mbps up.
- Open your web browser and navigate to http://192.168.1.1
- When prompted for a username and password enter: admin / admin
- Navigate to the Traffic Manager section
- Turn on QoS and set the upload and download bandwidths to 90% of the results from your speedtest.net test. In this case we set upload to 87.65 * .9 = 78.88 and download to 85.88 * .9 = 77.3 Click Apply
- On the User-defined QoS Rules page delete all existing rules.
- Add the following rules and make sure to apply them when done.
- Under user-defined priorities make minor changes to the default settings to mirror this configuration:
- Click apply and you should be all set!
Did you find this article helpful?