Changing your outgoing Caller ID number
When making calls with Close.io, your default Caller ID is your primary Close.io phone number. People receiving your calls will see this number on their Caller ID. That way, they'll call you back at your primary phone number, which will ring you inside Close.io (or forward to your forwarding number if you are not logged into the Close.io desktop application).
However, we do allow you to change your Caller ID to a number other than your primary Close.io phone number. You can make outgoing calls appearing from phone numbers including your...
- Close.io-provided personal phone number
- Any phone number that you ported into Close.io
- A main company or sales phone number that is a Close.io Group Number
- Your personal cell phone number
- Your non-Close.io work phone number
- A main company or sales phone number provided by any other external system, e.g. Grasshopper
For example, if your sales team has a group number, you can choose to make your outgoing calls come from this number. People returning your calls will call the main phone number rather than calling back your personal number.
Note: We don't currently support setting a Caller ID "name" (CNAM). Your caller ID will only include the phone number.
If you have multiple numbers associated with your account, you can change the active outgoing caller ID number at any time in the Phone Settings popover:
If you're a member of a Close.io Group Number, your group number will appear as an option here alongside your personal/individual phone number. You can switch your active outgoing caller ID number between your personal phone number and your Group Number whenever you want.
Adding caller IDs for external numbers (numbers not owned by Close.io)
You can also add non-Close.io numbers as caller ID options (e.g. your cell phone or non-Close.io company phone number). Phone numbers which aren't controlled by Close.io are called "external" numbers. Note: Setting up caller ID for an external number does not affect incoming call traffic to that number. For example, if you add your cell phone number as a caller ID in Close.io, calls made to your cell phone number will only ring your cell phone, and will not ring in Close.io
To add an external phone number to your available Caller ID options:
- Go to Settings > Your Phone Settings.
- Click the "+Add" button at the top right of the page.
- Select "External phone number" from the dropdown and enter your phone number.
- Press "Call me now." On the next screen, you'll be given a six digit verification code that you need to enter during the call.
- You can set up the external number as an individual number, so that only you can use the caller ID, or you can set up the external number as a group number so that your entire team can have the same non-Close.io number as their Caller ID.