Sending SMS from group phone numbers
It’s common for teams to have group numbers (also known as “ring groups”) enabled in their Close.io organization.
You can send an SMS from a group number if:
- Close.io's carriers own the number
- The number is a US or Canadian phone number.
- The number is SMS enabled.
- This happens automatically if it’s a US/CA number. Contact Support if you need help.
- You’re a participant in the group number.
To send an SMS from a group number phone number, just click on the “From” dropdown and select the phone number you’d like to send the SMS from.
Group Number inbox notifications
When missed call, voicemail, and SMS inbox notifications are connected to a group number, the notification will be cleared when anyone in the group calls or messages the contact back.
Click here to learn more about group numbers in Close.io.