Using Zapier for Teams to Share and Manage Your Close.io ZapsMany of our customers use our integration with Zapier to automate parts of their workflow in Close.io. However, as teams grow in size, and different Close.io users have different Zapier accounts and different Zaps running, it can be difficult to manage all of the Zapier automations powering your workflow in Zapier.
You can now use Zapier for Teams as a way to manage all of your Close.io + Zapier automations in one place. Key features for Close.io and Zapier for Teams are the ability to:
- View, edit, and create a copy of Zaps within shared folders
- Create templates of Zaps that teammates can copy to use for themselves
- View the Task History for any Zaps that are shared on your team account
How to Invite Close.io Members to Your Zapier TeamTo invite Close.io members to your Zapier Team:
- In Zapier, click on your name on the top right and then click on "Settings."
- Click on "Team" on the left sidebar.
- Enter any email address you want to add to your team.
An Example Zap for Teams: Calendly Appointment to Close.io TaskOne of the most useful Zaps we utilize internally is a Zap that takes our Calendly appointments and turns them into Close.io tasks on a lead page. This Zap is done in 3 steps:
Step #1: Trigger on Calendly Invitee Created
Step #2: Use Find Lead in Close.io to Find the Lead that Matches the Calendly Invite
- Select Close.io > Find Lead from the Close.io Action/Search list
- Place the "Invitee Email" field from Step #1 into the Email field in Find Lead
Note: You can also optionally select "Create Close.io Lead if it doesn't exist yet?" to create a lead if one is not found for this email address.
Step #3: Create Task in Close.io
- Select Close.io > Create Task from the Close.io Action/Search list
- In the "Assigned To" field select your name from the dropdown
- In the "Lead" field select "Use a Custom Value" from the dropdown, and then put in the "ID" field from Step #2
- In the "Due Date" field, put in "Event Start Time" from Step #1
- The "Text" field is where you can put the description of the Calendly Invite
- In the "Is Complete" field, select "No" from the dropdown
When you're all said and done, the task will look like this:
How to Share Zaps with Other Members of Your TeamTo share Zaps with other members of your team, place the Zaps you want to share into a shared folder:
How To Copy Team ZapsSince the Zap above was created for only one person on our team, we can now copy the Zap to create it for other team members as well. To copy a team zap, you can go to your shared folder, click the dropdown arrow to the right of a Zap and select "Copy"
Once you've copied the Zap, you can go into the Zap copy and select the accounts you would like to use for each step of the Zap. For the purposes of the Zap we created above, you would also change the name selected in the "Assigned To" field of Step #3 to your name.
How to Let Other Team Members Edit Zaps You CreateOne of the most important features of Zapier for Teams for Close.io is the ability to let other members of your team edit existing Zaps, in order to improve and update your Close.io workflow. In order to allow this, you must first share your Close.io account. To do this:
- Navigate to Connected Accounts in Zapier
- Find the Close.io account you want to share, and click "Share"