Port an existing number
WARNING: Porting a number into Close.io will stop service of that number with your existing provider. Please ensure this does not interfere with any contract of other services you may have tied to that number or carrier.
Close.io supports the ability to have any of your existing phone numbers ported into your account. More information about number portability can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_number_portability.
If you do not wish to fully port your number into Close.io, Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) might be a great option.
To start the port process:
- Download and complete the attached LOA form. Remember to include all numbers and sign it.
- Take a screenshot or submit an image of a recent invoice from the previous service provider which proves the ownership of the number (or) the Customer Service Record for the phone number. **Please ensure that the name & the address on the LOA matches the one on the Invoice/Customer Service Record.
- Please send an email to email@example.com with the signed LOA from step #1 and the documents from step #2. In that email include the following:
- Do you need SMS functionality for the number(s)?
- Is this a Wireless Port ? If Yes, Please share the wireless account PIN/Passcode.
- Your preferred Port request date (Your port request date should be after 10-14 business days from the date the documents are verified)
- Please ensure your number is service during the port process. Any service interruption during this process would lead to the cancellation of the port
- Please ensure there is a minimum balance of $5/Number in your account at the time of completion of Port.
- Once we have these above said documents, We will be able to process your Port In request. Please do not hesitate to contact us back in case you have any queries in this regard.