Smart Views are designed to help you and your team target specific leads based on certain criteria. Whether that criteria is based on activity (ex: last called or emailed) or lead status (ex: qualified, bad fit) is entirely up to you.
Create Your Own Smart View
Smart Views can be created by saving any search query so you can easily access it in the future (or share it with co-workers). When you're on a search results page that isn't already saved as a Smart View, you'll see a little star icon/button like shown here. Just click it and give your new Smart View a name!
Why Do I Need Smart Views?
Smart Views help you save common search queries that your team is using to target specific leads. If you find yourself always using the same set of search queries, just save them as Smart Views and access them with just one click.
Use Cases For Smart Views
- Lead Lists
- Call Lists (Tip: use "and not called:today" to have the list automatically remove leads you called today)
- Email Lists (Tip: use "and not emailed:today" to have the list automatically remove leads you emailed today)
- Customer Lists
- Leads With Tasks
- Location-Based Lists (ex: city:"San Francisco")
- ... your own! It would be impossible for us to list all the possible use cases. Create one that works for your sales process!
Edit an existing Smart View
To edit an existing Smart View, simply click on the gear icon, which appears when you hover over a Smart View. The data you're allowed to modify depends on your user privileges and whether you're the creator of a given Smart View.
You can create a sales cadence, i.e. a sales workflow involving multiple touches (calls and/or emails) to a prospect over time using smart views. The Video below shows you how to create these search queries, save them into smart views and execute the process.
When creating a Smart View, you have three sharing options to choose from:
- Share with the whole organization - this means all of your team members will see the Smart View you shared, including people who join Close.io after the creation date.
- Share with specific users - you can choose exactly which team members you want to share the Smart View with.
- Keep the Smart View private - nobody except yourself will be able to see it.
Regular users can only modify the Smart Views they created. They also can’t see with whom another user's Smart View is shared. Organization’s admins can modify the smart view and change the sharing options, but they cannot remove the creator of a Smart View from the sharing options.
Only the Smart View's owner can permanently delete a Smart View. Other users can just remove it from their personal lists. You should be careful when deleting a Smart View you created, because other users won’t have access to it any more.