Bulk import and data migration
To quickly add your data to Close.io, click on your name in the top-right corner of the application and choose Lead Importer from the dropdown. This will take you to the Lead Importer landing page, where you can choose the most convenient way to get your data into Close.io and inspect past imports.
Import your data
We provide you with several options to import your data:
- Migrating from another CRM
- If you’re migrating to Close.io from another CRM system, you can import all of your data using the “Import from a CRM” option.
- Importing CSV/spreadsheet data
- If you have your lead and contact information in a CSV file, you can drag it and drop it anywhere on the Importer’s page. Alternatively, you can click on the "Upload a CSV" file option and find the CSV in your filesystem.
- If your data lives in a spreadsheet (Excel, Numbers, Google Sheets, etc.), you can export it as a CSV or just select all of its contents and paste them into Close.io choosing the “Paste from Excel” option.
Inspect previous imports
If you or your co-workers already uploaded some data, you will see a “Previous imports” table with one row for each of the last 5 imports. Each row tells you who performed a given import, when, what method they used, how many leads were created, how many leads were skipped due to duplicate detection, and how many leads were invalid. Click on “View Summary” to learn more about a given import, undo it, view the leads it created, or download a CSV file with the rows that failed to import due to invalid or duplicate data.
If you’re looking for an import prior to the last five, click the “View all imports” button visible by the top-right corner of the table. Note: CRM migrations are not included in this table.